Search

August 10, 2014

Career Highlight - Million Dollar Quartet - Michael Malarkey as Elvis!


Do you love Rock N Roll? How about Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins and Jerry Lee Lewis?! You HAVE to check out this video of Michael Malarkey who did an AMAZING job portraying the "King" of Rock N Roll, Elvis Presley in the Electrifying Musical "Million Dollar Quartet"!  When I came across this video, I was stunned at Michael's portrayal of Elvis. He brought Elvis "back to life" with this BRILLIANT performance in 2011. 

Check out this awesome video of the cast on David Letterman!



I don't know a lot about the history Rock N Roll. I am a huge fan of it though, as my dad LOVES Elvis as well as Johnny Cash! Growing up, every Sunday morning at 6am, I would be woken up (very loudly) by Johnny Cash blaring in the living room (which was right outside my bedroom)! We didn't need alarm clocks, we had Johnny! So, when I saw an interview where Michael talked about "Million Dollar Quartet" it caught my attention and after watching some videos, I was left in awe. 

Not only could I hear the passion Michael had when talking about this performance, I could FEEL it. his face lights up when he talks about music and the story behind this performance. One word comes to mind after watching this video, WOW! 

Million Dollar Quartet is a story of fame, friendship, discovery, divided loyalties, professional jealously and INCREDIBLE music as four of the music industry's most extraordinary talents, all in their creative prime, made music together for the FIRST and ONLY time in their careers! 
Check out this interview with Michael Malarkey, Bill Ward & Derek Hagen! 
** This is officially my FIRST post on this new Michael Malarkey Fans Fan site I'm starting. I couldn't think of a better first post to put up that to highlight this performance. Why? It wasn't until after I watched these videos of Michael's performance in "Million Dollar Quartet" that I learned he was also a musician. This sparked my interest in his musical/theater history and I've gained a whole new level of adoration for him. I am so excited to see where his acting career is going to take him!**

No comments:

Post a Comment